I love Thanksgiving! The mouthwatering smell of roasted turkey and stuffing and the sweet smell of cranberry sauce…yum. It seems crazy to me that we only savor this once a year. Think of this recipe like Thanksgiving in a casserole dish, without all the fuss…or the relatives. 😉 If you really wanted to go all out you could even whip up some mashed potatoes and serve with warm flaky rolls.
- 1 can (14.5oz) chicken broth
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 box (6oz) stuffing mix (I used Hannaford’s turkey stuffing mix)
- 3 cups cut up cooked turkey (I bought about 1.5 pounds of turkey breast cutlets and cooked them in my Instant Pot.)
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly butter or spray a 9 x 13 inch casserole dish.
In a large pot bring the butter and the broth to a boil over medium-high heat. Stir in the stuffing mix, cover, and remove from the heat. Let sit for 5 minutes.
Stir in spinach until it has wilted slightly. Stir in turkey and cranberries. Transfer mixture to your prepared dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 15 minutes, uncovered. Cheese should be melted. Happy not Thanksgiving!