My son made chocolate chip cookies at school last week and they used instant vanilla pudding in the batter. I didn’t even know that was a thing! He wanted to make a similar cookie with butterscotch chips and white chocolate chips. So here is our creation. FYI, they are amazing and very sweet. The pudding mix keeps them soft and chewy.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 small box Instant Vanilla Pudding mix
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup butterscotch chips
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- In the bowl of a mixer, cream butter and brown sugar. Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, dry pudding mix, baking soda, and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet and beat on low until just combined.
- Stir in chips.
- Scoop out about 2 Tbsp of batter and roll into balls. Place on a cookie sheet covered with a Silpat or parchment. You do not need to space them out as you are going to put them in the refrigerator. Cover cookies with plastic wrap and set in the fridge for about an hour to chill.
- After an hour preheat the oven to 350 degrees and remove the cookies from the fridge.
- Get another cookie sheet ready with a Silpat or parchment. Divide chilled cookie balls among the two cookie sheets so they are about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Edges will be slightly golden. Cool for 2 minutes on cookie sheet before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.